Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hi! I have some very interesting news so this is how i will begin...... I have been planning to go to this camp for the LDS church up in Kamas called Oakcrest I have been very scared to leave my family but anyways I woke up at 5:30a.m to go. As I already had seen the doctor the Sunday before I had left because I had a really bad sunburn on my chin so that Monday as were unloading and stuff we were going down to do a caper as you know I am already at Oakcrest I fall and sprain my ankle on a rock I did not know what to do. The first aid came down and rapped it up they said i should be ok! So I went on through the day on unsteady gravel it hurt so bad, plus I did not like and did not have much help from my counsler sunshine. The girls mostly helped that day. Then night came and it was so bad i kept up the whole cabin up because i was in so much pain. Tuesday came so slow still dealing with my pain on the unsteady ground, then later that night I went complaining to a few other counslers and they were very dissapointed my parents did not know so they called and notified them later that night that what I had did my parents just said I would be fine because they jnust thought it was a sprain. Wenesday came like another bad day we were heading to a over nighter in the morning when suddenly they made me go down to Tree Hut before I left and they had me call my parents because they wanted to know how I was doing and I told them fine which I really was not and then before I was leaving Tree Hut they took me too First Aid they took off my bandage and when they did they got a surprise of black and blue and so horrible. So they called my mom and told her they were running me down to Heber Creek Hospital which when I got down their they took some x-rays and soon to know the doc came in and told me...... YOU HAVE BROKEN YOUR FOOT!!!!! So they sent me out with cruches and a splinter. My mom came and got me and took me home where i belonged with my family. Everyone is so sad and I have had many visitors come by and see me. Were going to the doc on Monday at 1p.m dont ask me why so late but i will be ok! I am just so grateful for the people who took the time to help me!!!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Brooke,
You rock!!! Your blog is so cute! I hope the surgrey went well! Do not worry your doctor rocks and we are all willing to help!!!! LOVE YA,
WHITNEY!!!!!!

Shirley said...

Brooke your blog is so cute. Thanks for telling me about it. I am so so sorry you broke your ankle, I can't believe it. How are you doing now? Take care of yourself!

Unknown said...

brooke,
you need to write more. i need to know how the surgery went and how you are doing. i am too lazy to walk down the street!!!!!! just kidding. i just want to know how you are. What color is your foot now? does it hurt? i have never broken anything. Is this the first thing you have broken. WOW you are brave. LOVE JENNIFER!!!!!!!

Jill C said...

Brooke-
I keep waiting for some post surgery pictures on here. You are doing great getting around. Good luck shopping this next week!
Jill